Sunday 12 February 2012

"The Date"

After all of that choosing a date was terrible! We both wanted April 28.  His parents are seasonal workers and did not want us to do it in the summer.  I was not willing to wait until the fall since we already have 2 weddings to go to then.  So April was our natural choice seeing as our anniversary was that day.  Also I am going to have a week off of school, so it was perfect to prepare for the wedding.

We were excited, going out there looking for halls, when his brother said he can't make it.  My boyfriend said that he couldn't do it any time after May, so we could only do it before April 28.  How horrible, I really considered putting it earlier.  I'm not so self involved that I must have the day I wanted.  But His mom pointed out that I would be busy with school.  How would I put together a wedding all while in school?  I really hadn't considered that a serious factor until she pointed it out.  So it seemed like we were in a hard place.  Finally we decided just to put it on April 28, his family supported us in the decision, saying that we had to do what was best for us.

Or so it seemed! After we booked the hall for April 28 (which we got a deal for because it was before the busy time) suddenly, his parents said that they can do it in May.  What a hassle.  To add to this his brother and wife went around telling people that we specifically choose a day that they could not do.  What do they say about trying to please others...



No comments:

Post a Comment