Friday 27 April 2012

Rehersal & Flowers

So months ago, buying wholesale flowers and doing the centrepieces myself looked like a great way to save money and have that DIY flare that I like. My aunt knows a bit about flower arrangement and offered to help out so I was grateful and took her up on the offer.  Now, during the week up to the wedding, things aren't going so smoothly.  My poor aunt who has every intention of fulfilling her promises, is constantly set upon by her grandchildren.  Every time she says she's supposed to be helping me, suddenly her son's bring over their kids.  I know that that's her family and it is her priority but couldn't they wait until next week?
For example we were supposed to finish all the boutonnieres last night, however her son showed up with his newborn.  She was so happy so see the baby, and then that pushed back our entire schedule.  Instead of getting things done early, we got the bouquets ready.  To make things worse we had the rehearsal and dinner today, so we were rushing.  My sister offered to stay home with my aunt so that she could finish off everything.  I must say I took this the wrong way.  All of the stress of the wedding coalesced around me and I had a mini-breakdown.  I couldn't believe that she didn't "want" to come to the rehearsal.  After calming down a bit, I realized that she was trying to get the flowers done, not trying to ruin my planning.  So I then asked her to drop my aunt home.  By which time we were all a bit late for the rehearsal.

Just one more day of everything, and then I'm married. 

No comments:

Post a Comment